Tiles were ripped up and replaced, kitchen, laundry and 3 bathrooms were gutted and rebuilt. Internal brick walls were removed/rebuilt in various rooms. Most of the contents were boxed up and stored in the garage.
Every room has had some work done so far. My bedroom has had the least work, but is used as a storage room. Luckily it is quite big as it currently contains the TV cabinet, oil heater, ironing board, sofa, old bathroom cabinet drawers, stepladder and vacuum cleaner, some boxes, bookcase, etc as well as the bed.
I sent the kids to their grandparents for the first 4 weeks until the new tiles were down. The cat had to go to the cattery for this long as well.
|First day - discovered 2 layers of tiles|
The builders split the work in 2 stages so we could continue living here. Part 1 was the kitchen, laundry and main bathroom. Part 2 was the remaining bathrooms. The painting will be done when the renovations are complete and last will be the new carpet.
I've had some problems - the granite for the kitchen benchtop was cut 10mm too big for the sink but we've made do. The oven didn't work and needed to be fixed. The glass splashback had the holes for the rangehood cut incorrectly and needed to be redone, but looks fantastic now.
There is dust everywhere so my stitching is packed away. There is no point getting it out until the painters have finished.
|Old kitchen, no tiles|
|No kitchen, new tiles|
The new rangehood will be installed on Monday and electrical work should also be finished. Still some more work to be done in the last 2 bathrooms.
DH has been travelling a lot during the renovations. He has been home 1week out of the last 4, and is now half way into a 2 week trip to North America. Two weeks ago he was in Taiwan/Singapore. Kids have another week of school before the end of term break.
I'm still reading blogs, just not managing to comment very often.
I'm waiting impatiently until I can stitch again.