Warning - picture heavy.
I joined the Sticklounge Yahoo group in January and I had to pick a project and finish a page by the end of March. Of course I forgot about this until March. I had fabric and threads ready for my chosen project so after 2 weeks of stitching I finished this in time.
|OES page 1 of 20|
A free download of the Sampler can be found here.
I have also been working on my Sweet Flowers SAL. The next part comes out on Tuesday. I still have to do the backstitching on part 5, but this section is mostly finished.
|Sweet Flowers part 2 and 5|
Here is the whole piece.
|Sweet Flowers part 1, 2, 5|
I was going to try to finish some smaller stitching pieces this year, but I've committed to 2 BAPs which both have deadlines. What was I thinking?
We had brunch at the parents in law today.
I made a raspberry and white chocolate blondie yesterday (kitchen smelled good) and some scones this morning. Here are some photos of the leftovers.
|Raspberry and white chocolate blondie|
This is the only way to eat them - with strawberry jam and whipped cream!
We've had some work done on our roof. Cleaning, broken tiles replaced, ridge capping rebedded and repointed, then finally repainted. We wanted a lighter colour to reflect more heat, so it still looks odd to us. We will paint the gutters a dark grey. It took 2 weeks from start to finish as our roof area is huge and the weather was iffy most days. Of course we have had glorious weather since it was finished - note the sky in both pictures! Final cost - around $10K
|roof ready for painting|
Thanks for looking at my blog. Happy Easter to those who are celebrating it.