Followers

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sweet Flowers part 9

I've finished Sweet Flowers part 9 and I've got the final 2 parts from Angie.


Sweet Flowers
I'm working on the Many Years Ago sampler for the next few weeks.  Part 6 has been released and I'm still on part 3.

What bird is this?
We had a wet day on Thursday - the first decent rain since June.  I was sitting in my reading chair in the office when I saw this in our yard.

Pheasant Coucal
I saw this bird months ago and had no idea what it was.  Since then I've managed to identify it - a Pheasant Coucal -  but I hadn't seen it again.  It is the only cuckoo in Australia that makes it's own nest and raises it's chicks.  (What did we do without Google?)  I did see a strange bird last week that I half think/hope could be a young chick.  My neighbour thinks the nest is in her yard next door.

The fun begins.
The next 2 weeks will be very busy.  DD has her musical theatre opening night on Friday and 2 performances Saturday, then 5 performances in 4 days the following week. So, it's rehersals most of this weekend and Wednesday night.  In fact, we are out every night this coming week Sunday till Saturday except Monday.  Most nights we will be getting home 10.30-11pm.  Getting the kids to school on time in the mornings will be a challenge!
Of course, DH is away - he is fishing at Fraser Island with his Dad, uncle and several mates this week.  They go every year at this time, I don't mind as long as he brings home some fish.  He left before 4am today so I ended up having an afternoon nap because I didn't go back to sleep after he left.  He is home next Saturday afternoon, then off to Singapore the following Tuesday for a few days.

Holiday planning
We wanted to go skiing again in January next year but DD is going to the Scout Jamboree during the first 2 weeks of January, so we've put that off for another year and decided to do something in December when the kids summer holidays start.  We thought about New Zealand or Perth, but we've decided to go to Tasmania. 
DS finishes school a week before DD, so we're going to pull her out of school 2 days early and fly to Hobart, hire a car, and spend 10 days driving around Tasmania.  That way we will have a great holiday and be back home a week before Christmas.  Just need to work out our itinerary and book accommodation and flights in the next few weeks.

DD's finger is mostly better.  I'm not sure I liked the glue, maybe she would have been better off getting it stitched.  She bumped it the other day and part of it reopened under the skin - she ended up with a large blood blister and bruising, but it didn't stop her playing tennis followed by a  game of netball.  It doesn't hurt and the bruising is fading so I'm leaving it alone to heal.  She is not able to play netball or cricket for the next 2 weeks due to her theatre commitments so hopefully she won't hit it again for a while.

I'm catching up on my blog reading and will be able to start commenting again in a few days.

I hope everyone has a good stitching week.

4 comments:

cucki said...

beautiful stitching.,.
have a lovely weekend..
hugs xxx

Joysze said...

Kate, Sweet Flowers looks amazing! :D

LOL!!! I always say that I'd be lost without Google.

Happy vacation planning!!

Carol said...

Hello, Kate! Just wanted to say thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I'm happy to have found yours, too :) Love the colors in Sweet Flowers...

Do hope your daughter's finger is all healed very soon...

Margaret said...

Your stitching is so pretty! Love how this piece is coming. Ah yes, I remember the days of shows and rehearsals. We were just doing lots of that last year, actually. lol! It's so much fun to see the show in the end though, isn't it? Good luck with getting the kids going in the morning and doing the rehearsal stuff -- I know what work that is! And the trip plans sound like great fun too! Hope DD's finger is all mended soon. The glue -- yikes!